Wednesday, August 10, 2011

There used to be stars in Hattiesburg and I keep staying up late hoping to see them again.

We fell asleep with hands intertwined
But I was thinking of something else
So I forgot to capture the moment -
Because thinking of something else is the one way
To not think of you
And that's not weird, no matter how many times you swear it is.
Sometimes I let my guard down though,
Like in the mornings when the sun comes through the blinds:
It makes your eyes sparkle and
The lighting makes your face look more welcoming than ever...
I guess this is the one place to which I can sing your praises
When I can't open my mouth to be more than a bitch any other time.
I get aggravated easily, perhaps you've noticed,
But it's only because I still feel as if
I'm not entitled to like you
Quite as much
As I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment